Fine Sev | Chaat Sev | Zero No. Sev | Nylon Sev
₹125.00 – ₹449.00
- Spice Level
- Besan Fine Sev
- Salted crunchy Fine Sev
- Made from the finest Quality ingredients.
- Handcrafted for great taste and traditional touch.
- Free from harmful Palmolein Oil or Palm Oil.
Please fill in the fields below with the shipping destination details in order to calculate the shipping cost.
- Gram Flour, Oil, Salt
Fine Sev is Ideal for Chat, Bhel Puri, Dahi Puri, Raj Kachori etc. Thin crispy fried besan spiral sticks. Adds crunch to your delightful chaat.
- Understanding Nylon Sev
- What is Nylon Sev?
- History of Nylon Sev
- Importance of Nylon Sev in Indian Cuisine
- Exploring Different Varieties of Sev
- Fine Sev
- Chaat Sev
- Sev Puri Sev
- Misal Pav Namkeen
- Cooking with Nylon Sev
- Popular Recipes Using Nylon Sev
- Tips for Using Nylon Sev in Cooking
- Buying Nylon Sev
- Where to Buy Nylon Sev
- Factors to Consider When Buying Nylon Sev
- FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Nylon Sev: A Versatile Ingredient for Flavorful Indian Snacks
Sev is a popular Indian snack that adds a delightful crunch and burst of flavor to various dishes. Among the different types of sev available, nylon sev holds a special place due to its unique texture and versatility. In this article, we will delve into the world of nylon sev, exploring its origins, its role in Indian cuisine, different varieties of sev, cooking tips, and where to buy the best quality nylon sev. So, grab a cup of tea and join us on this savory journey!
1. Understanding Nylon Sev
1.1 What is Nylon Sev?
Nylon sev is a type of crispy, noodle-like snack made from chickpea flour (besan), spices, and oil. It is extruded through a sev maker or sev press to create thin, thread-like strands that are deep-fried until golden and crunchy. The name “nylon” refers to the fine and delicate texture of this sev variety.
1.2 History of Nylon Sev
The origins of nylon sev can be traced back to the vibrant streets of India, where street food vendors and snack makers have been perfecting their recipes for generations. The art of making sev has been passed down through families, with each region adding its own twist and flavor profile to this beloved snack.
1.3 Importance of Nylon Sev in Indian Cuisine
Nylon sev plays a crucial role in Indian cuisine, particularly in street food and chaat preparations. It is a key ingredient in popular snacks like sev puri, bhel puri, and dahi sev puri, where it adds a delightful crunch and elevates the overall taste. Nylon sev is also used as a topping for dishes like misal pav, adding a spicy kick and enhancing the visual appeal.
2. Exploring Different Varieties of Sev
2.1 Fine Sev
Fine sev, as the name suggests, is a thinner variety of sev. It has a delicate texture and is often used as a garnish for sweets and desserts. Fine sev can also be sprinkled over chaats and salads to add a subtle crunch without overpowering the other flavors.
2.2 Chaat Sev
Chaat sev is a slightly thicker variant of nylon sev. It is commonly used in chaat dishes like bhel puri, sev puri, and papdi chaat. The slightly thicker strands of chaat sev provide a more substantial crunch and hold up well against the sauces and chutneys in these dishes.
2.3 Sev Puri Sev
Sev puri sev is a specific type of sev designed specifically for sev puri, a popular street food snack. This sev is thicker and more robust, offering a satisfying crunch when paired with the other ingredients like potatoes, chutneys, and onions.
2.4 Misal Pav Namkeen
Misal pav namkeen is a spicy and flavorful mixture that often includes nylon sev. It is a key ingredient in the famous Maharashtrian dish, misal pav. The addition of nylon sev provides a delightful contrast to the spicy sprout curry and adds an extra layer of texture.
3. Cooking with Nylon Sev
3.1 Popular Recipes Using Nylon Sev
Nylon sev is a versatile ingredient that can be used in various recipes. Here are a few popular dishes where nylon sev shines:
Recipe 1: Sev Puri Ingredients:
- Puri shells
- Boiled potatoes
- Tamarind chutney
- Green chutney
- Chopped onions
- Chopped tomatoes
- Nylon sev
- Chaat masala
- Coriander leaves
- Arrange puri shells on a plate.
- Fill each puri shell with a spoonful of boiled potatoes.
- Drizzle tamarind chutney and green chutney over the potatoes.
- Top with chopped onions and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle nylon sev generously on top.
- Garnish with chaat masala and coriander leaves.
- Serve immediately and enjoy the burst of flavors!
Recipe 2: Misal Pav Ingredients:
- Sprouts (moong, matki, or mixed)
- Finely chopped onions
- Finely chopped tomatoes
- Spices (red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala, etc.)
- Tamarind chutney
- Nylon sev
- Chopped coriander leaves
- Pav buns
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onions until golden brown.
- Add the sprouts and cook until they are tender.
- Stir in the spices and cook for a few minutes.
- Toast the pav buns on a griddle until lightly crisp.
- Serve the sprout curry (misal) in a bowl, garnished with chopped onions, tomatoes, nylon sev, and coriander leaves.
- Accompany it with the pav buns for a complete meal.
3.2 Tips for Using Nylon Sev in Cooking
- Store nylon sev in an airtight container to maintain its crunchiness.
- Add nylon sev just before serving to retain its texture.
- Experiment with different sev varieties to discover new flavor combinations.
- Use nylon sev as a topping for soups, salads, and sandwiches to add a unique twist.
4. Buying Nylon Sev
4.1 Where to Buy Nylon Sev
Nylon sev is readily available in Indian grocery stores, both offline and online. Look for reputable brands that prioritize quality and freshness. You can also explore local snack shops and street food stalls for freshly made nylon sev.
4.2 Factors to Consider When Buying Nylon Sev
- Check the ingredients list to ensure there are no artificial additives or preservatives.
- Opt for brands that use high-quality chickpea flour and authentic spices for a more authentic flavor.
- Consider the spiciness level based on your preference and the dish you intend to prepare.
- Read customer reviews and ratings to gauge the quality and taste of the nylon sev.
Nylon sev is a must-have ingredient for any snack enthusiast or lover of Indian cuisine. Its delicate texture, versatility, and ability to elevate the flavors of various dishes make it a cherished component in street food, chaats, and traditional recipes. So, next time you crave a delectable crunch or want to add a spicy twist to your snacks, reach for a packet of nylon sev and enjoy the explosion of flavors it brings!
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q1. Can nylon sev be made at home? A1. Yes, nylon sev can be made at home using a sev maker and basic ingredients like chickpea flour, spices, and oil. There are numerous recipes available online that guide you through the process.
Q2. Is nylon sev gluten-free? A2. Nylon sev is typically made from chickpea flour, which is naturally gluten-free. However, it’s essential to check the packaging or ingredients list for any potential cross-contamination with gluten-containing grains during manufacturing.
Q3. How long does nylon sev stay crispy? A3. Nylon sev tends to lose its crispness over time when exposed to air and moisture. To maintain its crunchiness, store it in an airtight container and consume it within a few weeks of purchase.
Q4. Can nylon sev be used as a standalone snack? A4. Yes, nylon sev can be enjoyed as a standalone snack. Its addictive crunch and flavorful seasoning make it a delightful treat on its own.
Q5. Are there any alternative names for nylon sev? A5. Yes, nylon sev is also known by other names such as fine sev, chaat sev, and sev puri sev, depending on its thickness and intended use in specific dishes.
|Dimensions||18 × 14 × 7 cm|
|Net Quantity|| |
250g, 500g, 1 Kg