Dada Sev | Plain Sev | Soft Sev
₹125.00 – ₹449.00
- Dada Sev: Less spicy besan sev
- This Namkeen snack is an integral part of Jodhpuri Cuisine.
- Made from traditional Jodhpuri royal recipes.
- Made with the Best Quality Authentic Jodhpuri spices.
- Handcrafted for great taste and traditional touch.
- Free from harmful Palmolein Oil or Palm Oil.
Please fill in the fields below with the shipping destination details in order to calculate the shipping cost.
Frequently Bought Together
Besan (Gram Flour), Oil, Salt, Chilli Powder, Asafoetida
Dada sev being an integral part of our Jodhpuri cultural heritage. Made from traditional recipes inherited from our forefathers. This namkeen is mildly spiced making it perfect snack for small kids and old age people. It is unique and full of true flavor of an actual Namkeen / farsan. Made of pure Besan making it an health snack option compared to maida snacks. You might have heard of big brands like Haldiram, Bikaji, Bikanerwala, Bikano, Balaji and many more national, state, and regional level brands but none of them offer the quality that we do. Pioneering Rajasthani Namkeen for 75+ years.
Outline of the Article:
- Introduction to Besan Soft Sev
- What is Besan and its Importance in Indian Cuisine?
- The Versatility of Besan Ki Namkeen Sev
- The Traditional Snack with a Twist
- Perfect for Festive Occasions
- Exploring Different Varieties of Besan Ki Sev
- Plain Sev Namkeen: The Classic Delight
- Dada Sev: The Crunchy Twist
- Besan Ni Sev: A Regional Specialty
- The Making of Besan Sev
- Ingredients Required
- Step-by-Step Preparation Process
- Serving and Pairing Suggestions for Besan Sev
- Enjoying it as a Standalone Snack
- Accompaniment to Tea or Coffee
- Adding Flavors with Chutneys or Dips
- Health Benefits of Besan Sev
- Good Source of Protein and Fiber
- Gluten-Free and Low-Glycemic Index Snack
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- What is the shelf life of besan sev?
- Can besan sev be baked instead of fried?
- Can I store besan sev in the refrigerator?
- Is besan sev suitable for people with gluten intolerance?
- Can I make besan sev without a sev maker?
Besan Soft Sev: An Irresistible Indian Snack
Besan soft sev, also known as besan ki namkeen sev or besan ki sev, is a popular Indian snack that has captured the hearts and taste buds of people across the country. With its crisp texture, savory flavor, and versatility, besan sev has become a favorite tea-time accompaniment and an essential part of festive celebrations. In this article, we will explore the delightful world of besan sev, its various varieties, how it is made, serving suggestions, health benefits, and more.
1. Introduction to Besan Soft Sev
When it comes to Indian snacks, besan sev holds a special place. Made from gram flour, also known as besan, this crispy snack has a unique taste that is loved by people of all ages. Whether you enjoy it as a standalone treat or pair it with a hot cup of tea, besan sev never fails to satisfy your cravings.
2. What is Besan and its Importance in Indian Cuisine?
Before diving deeper into besan sev, let’s take a moment to understand the significance of besan in Indian cuisine. Besan, made from ground chickpeas, is a versatile ingredient that plays a crucial role in many Indian dishes. It is used to prepare various sweets, snacks, curries, and even bread. Known for its nutty flavor and high protein content, besan adds richness and texture to a wide range of recipes.
3. The Versatility of Besan Ki Namkeen Sev
Besan ki namkeen sev is not your ordinary snack. It offers a unique combination of flavors, textures, and aromas that make it truly special. Let’s explore the versatility of this delicious treat.
– The Traditional Snack with a Twist
While besan sev has been enjoyed for generations, it has also undergone exciting transformations over time. Today, you can find a variety of flavors infused into the sev, such as spicy, tangy, or even cheesy options. This innovation has made besan sev a snack that caters to diverse taste preferences.
– Perfect for Festive Occasions
Besan ki sev has become an integral part of festive occasions in India. During festivals like Diwali, Raksha Bandhan, and Navratri, besan sev is prepared in large quantities and shared with family and friends. Its crunchy texture and savory taste add an extra element of joy to the celebrations, making it a must-have snack during these festive times.
4. Exploring Different Varieties of Besan Ki Sev
Besan ki sev comes in various forms, each with its own distinct characteristics and flavors. Let’s take a closer look at some popular varieties:
– Plain Sev Namkeen: The Classic Delight
Plain sev namkeen is the traditional and most widely enjoyed form of besan sev. It is made with a simple blend of besan, spices, and oil, resulting in a crispy and savory snack. The plain sev namkeen serves as a blank canvas, allowing you to experiment with different toppings or accompaniments to enhance its taste.
– Dada Sev: The Crunchy Twist
Dada sev is a variation of besan sev that takes the crunchiness to another level. It is thicker and sturdier than regular sev, providing a satisfying bite with every munch. Dada sev is often seasoned with additional spices like red chili powder or black pepper to give it an extra kick.
– Besan Ni Sev: A Regional Specialty
Besan ni sev is a regional specialty from Gujarat, known for its unique flavor and texture. It is typically thinner and more delicate compared to other varieties of besan sev. Besan ni sev often incorporates flavors like ajwain (carom seeds) or hing (asafoetida), which lend a distinct taste to the snack.
5. The Making of Besan Sev
Now that we’ve explored different types of besan sev, let’s learn how to make this delectable snack at home. Here is a step-by-step process:
- 2 cups besan (gram flour)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- Salt to taste
- Water (as needed)
- Oil (for deep frying)
Step-by-Step Preparation Process:
- In a mixing bowl, combine besan, turmeric powder, red chili powder, carom seeds, and salt.
- Gradually add water to the mixture and knead it into a smooth dough. The consistency should be firm yet pliable.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or kadhai for frying.
- Attach a sev maker with a fine sev plate to the top and fill it with the prepared dough.
- Press the sev maker over the hot oil, moving in a circular motion to form long strands of sev.
- Fry the sev until golden brown and crisp. Ensure they are cooked evenly by flipping them occasionally.
- Remove the fried sev from the oil using a slotted spoon and drain excess oil on a paper towel.
- Allow the sev to cool completely before storing them in an airtight container.
6. Serving and Pairing Suggestions for Besan Sev
Besan sev can be enjoyed in various ways. Here are some serving and pairing suggestions:
– Enjoying it as a Standalone Snack
Grab a handful of besan sev and savor its crispy texture and savory taste on its own. It makes for a satisfying snack during tea breaks, movie nights, or any time you crave a crunchy treat.
– Accompaniment to Tea or Coffee
Besan sev pairs exceptionally well with a hot cup of tea or coffee. Its texture and flavors complement the warmth of the beverage, creating a delightful combination. Dip the sev in your tea or coffee and experience the burst of flavors with every bite.
– Adding Flavors with Chutneys or Dips
Enhance the taste of besan sev by serving it with tangy chutneys or spicy dips. Mint chutney, tamarind chutney, or tomato salsa are excellent choices that add an extra dimension of flavor to the snack.
7. Health Benefits of Besan Sev
Besan sev not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers several health benefits. Here are some notable advantages:
– Good Source of Protein and Fiber
Besan, the main ingredient in besan sev, is rich in protein and dietary fiber. Protein helps in building and repairing tissues, while fiber promotes healthy digestion. Including besan sev in your diet can provide a nutritious snack option.
– Gluten-Free and Low-Glycemic Index Snack
For individuals with gluten intolerance or those following a gluten-free diet, besan sev is a great alternative. It is naturally gluten-free, making it suitable for those with celiac disease or gluten sensitivity. Moreover, besan sev has a low glycemic index, which means it causes a slower and steadier rise in blood sugar levels compared to high-carbohydrate snacks.
8. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: What is the shelf life of besan sev? A1: When stored in an airtight container in a cool and dry place, besan sev can stay fresh for up to 2-3 weeks.
Q2: Can besan sev be baked instead of fried? A2: While traditionally besan sev is deep-fried, you can experiment with baking it for a healthier alternative. However, the texture and taste may differ from the deep-fried version.
Q3: Can I store besan sev in the refrigerator? A3: It is not necessary to refrigerate besan sev unless you live in a hot and humid climate. Storing it in a cool and dry place is sufficient to maintain its freshness.
Q4: Is besan sev suitable for people with gluten intolerance? A4: Yes, besan sev is naturally gluten-free, making it a suitable snack for individuals with gluten intolerance or sensitivity.
Q5: Can I make besan sev without a sev maker? A5: If you don’t have a sev maker, you can use a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle to create the sev strands. Alternatively, you can try improvising with a large-holed grater.
Besan soft sev, with its delightful crunch and savory taste, is a beloved Indian snack that has stood the test of time. Whether you enjoy the traditional plain sev namkeen or explore different variations like dada sev or besan ni sev, this versatile snack is sure to leave you craving for more. So, indulge in the flavors of besan sev, and elevate your tea-time experience with this irresistible treat.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Q1: How is besan soft sev made? A1: Besan soft sev is made by combining besan (gram flour), spices, and water to form a dough. The dough is then pressed through a sev maker into hot oil and deep-fried until golden brown and crispy.
Q2: Can besan sev be stored for a long time? A2: When stored in an airtight container in a cool and dry place, besan sev can stay fresh for several weeks. It is best consumed within a month for optimal taste and texture.
Q3: Is besan sev a healthy snack option? A3: Besan sev can be a part of a balanced diet when consumed in moderation. It is a good source of protein and fiber, and it is gluten-free. However, since it is deep-fried, it should be enjoyed as an occasional treat.
Q4: Can besan sev be customized with different flavors? A4: Yes, besan sev can be customized with various flavors and spices. You can experiment with adding ingredients like chili powder, garlic powder, or even cheese to create unique and flavorful variations of besan sev.
Q5: Where can I find besan soft sev? A5: Besan soft sev is commonly available in Indian grocery stores or online marketplaces. You can also try making it at home using the recipe provided in this article for a fresh and homemade experience.
|Dimensions||18 × 14 × 7 cm|
250g, 500g, 1 Kg