Pudhina Besan Soft Sev | Pudhina Gathiya
₹125.00 – ₹449.00
- Pudhina Sev also known as moondar or Pudhina Ganthiya in different parts of the country.
- Made From Mint Leaves
- This Namkeen/Bhujia/Farsan snack is an integral part of Rajasthani Cuisine.
- Made from Royal Rajasthani recipes.
- Made with the Best Quality Authentic Rajasthani herbs, spices and ingredients.
- Handcrafted for great taste and traditional touch.
Please fill in the fields below with the shipping destination details in order to calculate the shipping cost.
Gram Flour, Oil, Mint Leaves, Salt, Chilli Powder, Ajwain, Cumin Seeds, Asafoetida
Made from Besan and fresh mint (Pudhina) leaves. It is soft to eat and is full of refreshing yet spicy Rajasthani flavours. You might have heard of big brands like Haldiram, Bikaji, Bikanerwala, Bikano, Balaji and many more national, state, and regional level brands but none of them offers the quality that we do. Pioneering Rajasthani Namkeen for 75+ years.
- Introduction to Besan Ka Ghatiya
- What is Besan Soft Sev?
- The Traditional Delight: Besan Ki Gathiya
- Exploring the Crunchy Moondar
- The Delightful Besan Ki Ghatiya
- Besan Ke Ghatiya: A Popular Snack
- Gathiya Besan: A Classic Indian Namkeen
- The Refreshing Pudhina Sev
- Homemade Goodness: Besan Ke Gathiya Recipe
- Health Benefits of Besan Gathiya
- Tips to Make Perfect Besan Ka Ghatiya
- Serving and Pairing Suggestions
- Popular Variations of Besan Gathiya
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Article: The Irresistible Crunch of Besan Ka Ghatiya
Introduction to Besan Ka Ghatiya
When it comes to delicious Indian snacks, one treat that stands out is Besan Ka Ghatiya. This crispy and savory delight is loved by people of all ages. Whether you’re craving a quick bite or hosting a party, Besan Ka Ghatiya is a perfect choice. In this article, we will explore the various forms of besan gathiya, learn how to make them at home, and uncover the health benefits associated with this delightful snack.
What is Besan Soft Sev?
Besan Soft Sev is a popular variant of besan gathiya that offers a unique twist to the traditional recipe. It is made using a combination of chickpea flour, spices, and oil. The result is a soft and melt-in-your-mouth texture that is both addictive and satisfying. Besan Soft Sev is often enjoyed as a standalone snack or used as a topping for chaats and other Indian street foods.
The Traditional Delight: Besan Ki Gathiya
Besan Ki Gathiya is a classic Indian snack that has been enjoyed for generations. It is made by kneading a dough using besan (gram flour), spices, and water. The dough is then shaped into thin, long strands and deep-fried until golden and crispy. The end result is a delectable snack with a perfect balance of flavors and an irresistible crunch.
Exploring the Crunchy Moondar
Moondar, also known as Moong Dal Gathiya, is another popular variation of besan gathiya. It incorporates moong dal (split yellow lentils) into the besan dough, adding a unique flavor and texture to the snack. Moondar offers a delightful crunch and is often enjoyed with a hot cup of tea or as a part of festive celebrations.
The Delightful Besan Ki Ghatiya
Besan Ki Ghatiya is a favorite snack in many Indian households. It is made by combining besan, spices, and oil to form a firm dough, which is then pressed through a ghatiya maker to create thin, noodle-like strands. These strands are deep-fried until golden brown, resulting in a crunchy and savory treat. Besan Ki Ghatiya is perfect for snacking on its own or adding a delightful texture to chaats and salads.
Besan Ke Ghatiya: A Popular Snack
Besan Ke Ghatiya is a regional variation of besan gathiya that is particularly famous in the state of Gujarat, India. It is made using besan, spices, and water, which are mixed to form a dough. The dough is then shaped into long, thin strands and deep-fried until crispy. Besan Ke Ghatiya is known for its unique flavor and is often enjoyed during festivals or as a tea-time snack.
Gathiya Besan: A Classic Indian Namkeen
Gathiya Besan is a popular namkeen (savory snack) that is loved for its burst of flavors and crispy texture. It is made using besan, spices, and water, which are combined to form a dough. The dough is then shaped into small, round pellets or long, thin strands and deep-fried until golden brown. Gathiya Besan is a versatile snack that can be enjoyed on its own or used as a topping for chaats and other street foods.
The Refreshing Pudhina Sev
Pudhina Sev is a flavorful variation of besan gathiya that incorporates the refreshing taste of mint (pudhina). It is made using besan, spices, mint leaves, and water. The ingredients are blended together to form a smooth paste, which is then used to make the dough. The dough is shaped into thin strands and deep-fried to create the perfect balance of crunch and minty freshness.
Homemade Goodness: Besan Ke Gathiya Recipe
Making besan gathiya at home is a rewarding experience that allows you to enjoy the snack in its freshest form. Here’s a simple recipe to make Besan Ke Gathiya:
- 2 cups besan (gram flour)
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Salt to taste
- Water (as needed)
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl, combine besan, carom seeds, red chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt.
- Gradually add water to the mixture and knead it into a firm dough.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or kadai over medium heat.
- Take a portion of the dough and shape it into thin strands using a ghatiya maker or a piping bag with a star-shaped nozzle.
- Carefully drop the strands into the hot oil and fry them until golden brown and crispy.
- Remove the gathiya using a slotted spoon and drain excess oil on a paper towel.
- Repeat the process with the remaining dough.
- Once the gathiya has cooled down, store it in an airtight container for future use.
Health Benefits of Besan Gathiya
Besan gathiya not only satisfies your taste buds but also offers several health benefits. Some of the notable benefits include:
- Good source of protein: Besan is rich in protein, making it an excellent snack choice for vegetarians and vegans.
- Gluten-free alternative: As besan is made from chickpea flour, it is naturally gluten-free, making it suitable for those with gluten sensitivities or celiac disease.
- Provides essential nutrients: Besan contains essential nutrients like iron, magnesium, and folate, which are important for overall health and well-being.
- Dietary fiber: Besan gathiya contains dietary fiber, which aids digestion and promotes a healthy gut.
Tips to Make Perfect Besan Ka Ghatiya
To ensure your besan gathiya turns out perfect every time, here are a few tips to keep in mind:
- Consistency of the dough: The dough should be firm and smooth. Adjust the water quantity accordingly to achieve the right consistency.
- Oil temperature: Maintain a consistent oil temperature while frying. Too hot oil can burn the gathiya, while oil that is not hot enough can make them greasy.
- Storage: Store the gathiya in an airtight container to retain their crispiness and freshness for a longer period.
Serving and Pairing Suggestions
Besan gathiya can be enjoyed in various ways. Here are some serving and pairing suggestions:
- Snack on its own: Enjoy besan gathiya as a standalone snack whenever you crave something savory and crunchy.
- Chaats and street food: Use besan gathiya as a topping for chaats like sev puri, bhel puri, and dahi puri to add an extra crunch.
- Tea-time companion: Pair besan gathiya with a hot cup of tea or coffee for a delightful snack break.
- Festive celebrations: Serve besan gathiya as part of your festive platter during special occasions and celebrations.
Popular Variations of Besan Gathiya
Besan gathiya is a versatile snack that can be customized and enjoyed in various forms. Some popular variations include:
- Masala gathiya: Adding a blend of spices like black pepper, cumin, and chaat masala to the besan dough creates a masala gathiya with an extra kick of flavor.
- Garlic gathiya: Incorporating garlic paste or powder into the dough gives the gathiya a distinct garlic flavor that enhances the overall taste.
- Sweet gathiya: For those who prefer a touch of sweetness, adding a little sugar or jaggery to the besan dough creates a unique sweet gathiya that balances flavors.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Can besan gathiya be made without deep frying? While deep frying is the traditional method, you can also try baking the gathiya in the oven for a healthier alternative. However, note that the texture and taste may differ slightly.
- How long does besan gathiya stay fresh? When stored in an airtight container, besan gathiya can stay fresh for up to a month. Ensure they are stored in a cool and dry place.
- Can I use besan gathiya as a topping for salads? Absolutely! Besan gathiya adds a delightful crunch to salads and can be used as a topping to enhance their texture and flavor.
- Is besan gathiya suitable for people with gluten intolerance? Yes, besan gathiya is gluten-free as it is made from chickpea flour, making it a safe choice for individuals with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
- Can I freeze besan gathiya? It is not recommended to freeze besan gathiya as it can affect the texture and freshness. It is best to store them in an airtight container at room temperature.
Besan Ka Ghatiya is a mouthwatering Indian snack that offers a delightful blend of flavors and textures. Whether you prefer the traditional Besan Ki Gathiya or the unique variations like Besan Soft Sev or Pudhina Sev, this snack is sure to leave you craving for more. With its health benefits and versatility, besan gathiya is a snack that can be enjoyed by everyone. So, indulge in the irresistible crunch and savor the goodness of besan gathiya.
|Dimensions||14 × 7 × 5 cm|
|Net Quantity|| |
250g, 500g, 1 Kg