Baramasi | Doka Sev | Besan Sev | Khokha
₹125.00 – ₹449.00
- Ideal for Sev Tamatar Ki Sabji
- Also known as Khokha sev or Moti Besan Sev.
- Used for Sev tamatar ki sabji which is an integral part of Rajasthani Cuisine.
- Made with Best Quality Authentic Rajasthani spices.
- Handcrafted for great taste and traditional touch.
- Free from harmful Palmolein Oil or Palm Oil.
Please fill in the fields below with the shipping destination details in order to calculate the shipping cost.
- Gram Flour, Oil, Salt, Chilli Powder, Ajwain, Cumin Seeds, Asafoetida
Rajasthani Sev Tamatar Sabji is a delicious curry that comes in very handy when there are no vegetables at home and you still want to make a wholesome meal. This curry is made using juicy tomatoes which are sautéed with desi masalas and served with heaps of thick besan sev. You might have heard of big brands like Haldiram, Bikaji, Bikanerwala, Bikano, Balaji and many more national, state, and regional level brands but none of them offers the quality that we do. Pioneering Rajasthani Namkeen for 75+ years.
As much as this Sev Ki Sabzi is popular in Rajasthan, it is equally liked in Gujarat as well and why not, as it is really finger-licking and takes no time to get made! However, it’s called Sev Tameta Nu Shaak in Gujarat and is slightly sweet.
Slurp over the succulent chunks of masala full of Tomatoes and trip over crunchy Baramasi– oh, you are going to love Sev Tamatar Sabzi so much that I simply cannot describe it!
It tastes great with any Indian Bread, especially with Roti and Parathas. But make sure you serve it immediately, as the Baramasi will get soggy with time.
Fusion Of Masala’s Served In The Form Of Sev Tamatar Ki Sabji
Indian cuisine is renowned for its rich and diverse flavors. Sev Tamatar ki Sabji stands out as a delightful vegetarian dish that harmoniously blends the tartness of tomatoes with the crispy texture of sev. This appealing fusion of tastes has made it a cherished favorite, often relished with warm rotis or fragrant basmati rice.
Sev Tamatar ki Sabji is a beloved Indian curry featuring tomatoes and gram flour noodles, known as sev. This flavorful dish combines tangy and spicy elements, making it a popular choice in many Indian households. In this article, we’ll embark on a culinary journey to explore the origins, ingredients, cooking process, health advantages, and serving suggestions of Sev Tamatar ki Sabji.
What is Sev Tamatar ki Sabji?
Sev Tamatar ki Sabji is a classic Indian curry hailing from Gujarat. This dish features a rich tomato gravy infused with fragrant spices and topped with crunchy sev. It’s a simple yet flavorful option for both regular meals and festive occasions.
Sev Tamatar ki Sabji is a dish with its origins in Gujarati cuisine. It is known for its delicious vegetarian recipes and is believed to have been first made in Gujarati homes, where it was developed to make good use of the surplus ripe tomatoes available during the summer. Gradually, it became well-liked all over India and found its place in many households.
To prepare Sev Tamatar ki Sabji, you will need the following ingredients:
- Ripe tomatoes
- Gram flour noodles (sev)
- Cumin seeds
- Ginger-garlic paste
- Green chilies
- Turmeric powder
- Red chili powder
- Coriander powder
- Garam masala
- Fresh coriander leaves
The cooking method for Sev Tamatar ki Sabji involves a few simple steps. Let’s dive into the process of creating this delectable curry:
Step 1: Preparing the Ingredients
Begin by gathering all the essential ingredients for this flavorful curry. It’s important to have everything readily available in your kitchen. Start by chopping the ripe tomatoes, green chilies, and fresh coriander leaves. Additionally, ensure that you have the sev noodles on hand for later use in the recipe.
Step 2: Making the Tomato Base
To kick off the cooking process, heat a pan with some oil and add cumin seeds. Wait until the cumin seeds begin to sizzle and release their aromatic fragrance. At this point, introduce a pinch of asafoetida and a touch of ginger-garlic paste into the pan. Sauté these ingredients until the pungent, raw scent dissipates, and the mixture becomes fragrant and golden.
Step 3: Adding Spices and Flavors
Now, it’s time to infuse the base with the rich medley of spices and flavors that make Sev Tamatar ki Sabji so enticing. Add the freshly chopped tomatoes, green chilies, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, and a pinch of salt. Combine all these ingredients thoroughly, ensuring the spices are evenly distributed throughout the mixture. Allow this mixture to cook until the tomatoes become soft and release their luscious juices, enhancing the overall texture and taste.
Step 4: Adding Sev
Once your tomato base is well-cooked and brimming with the delightful aroma of spices, it’s time to introduce the star ingredient: the gram flour noodles, or sev. Carefully add the sev into the pan, gently incorporating them into the curry. Ensure that each strand of sev is well-coated with the flavorful tomato sauce. Be mindful not to stir too vigorously to prevent the sev from breaking.
Step 5: Garnishing and Serving
To add that final layer of aromatic appeal and flavor, sprinkle a dash of garam masala and a handful of freshly chopped coriander leaves over the curry. Give it a gentle stir, allowing the spices and herbs to infuse into the dish. Your Sev Tamatar ki Sabji is now ready to be served, a delectable and aromatic dish that’s sure to tantalize your taste buds.
Variations to spice things up!
- Adjust Spice Level to Your Liking: Tailor the spiciness of your Sev Tamatar ki Sabji to suit your taste by simply tweaking the amount of red chili powder and green chilies you use. You’re in control of the heat.
- For a Zesty Twist, Try Lemon Juice: To introduce a delightful tangy note, consider adding a gentle squeeze of fresh lemon juice just before serving. It’s a quick way to elevate the flavors.
- Enhance Creaminess with Fresh Dairy: If you’re looking to enrich the curry’s texture and flavor, a dollop of fresh cream or yogurt can work wonders. It adds a luxurious, creamy element to the dish.
- Balance Tanginess with a Hint of Sugar: To strike that perfect balance between tangy tomatoes and other spices, a tiny pinch of sugar can be your secret weapon. It takes the edge off the acidity and creates a harmonious flavor profile.
- Introduce Variety with Vegetables: For added texture and a nutritional boost, consider tossing in some vegetables like capsicum, peas, or boiled potatoes. These additions not only enhance the dish’s appeal but also provide a variety of tastes and textures.
Health Benefits of Sev Tamatar ki Sabji
- Rich in Vitamins: It’s a source of essential vitamins, primarily vitamin C from tomatoes, which supports immune health.
- Low in Calories: It’s a relatively low-calorie dish, making it suitable for those watching their calorie intake.
- Fiber-Rich: The presence of sev and vegetables adds dietary fiber, aiding digestion and promoting a feeling of fullness.
- Antioxidant Properties: Tomatoes are rich in antioxidants, helping combat free radicals in the body.
- Balanced Spice: You can control the spice level, making it suitable for individuals with varying spice tolerances.
- Nutrient Variation: Adding vegetables like peas or capsicum increases the dish’s nutritional diversity.
Serve this way to make it taste extra yummy!
Sev Tamatar ki Sabji, a delightful Indian curry, finds its perfect companions in a medley of traditional Indian bread. It pairs wonderfully with soft and fluffy roti, flaky paratha, or the indulgent naan, creating a harmonious blend of flavors and textures. For those who prefer rice, this curry also complements steamed basmati rice or aromatic jeera rice, elevating the meal’s versatility.
To enhance the dining experience, consider serving this dish alongside some cooling raita, a yogurt-based side dish bursting with herbs and spices, offering a refreshing contrast to the curry’s rich flavors. Alternatively, pickles, with their zesty and tangy notes, add a delightful punch to the meal, creating a symphony of tastes that’s bound to satisfy your palate.
The Bottom Line
Sev Tamatar ki Sabji, a delightful Indian curry, is a culinary masterpiece that effortlessly tantalizes the taste buds. The dish’s foundation lies in the zesty tomato base, which beautifully complements the crisp and irresistible sev noodles. Renowned for its flavorful simplicity and ease of preparation, it has become a beloved staple in countless households. This dish is not only a celebration of taste but also a representation of the rich culinary heritage of India. So, why not embark on a delightful culinary adventure by bringing this beloved recipe to life in your own kitchen? Explore the magic of Sev Tamatar ki Sabji and savor the burst of flavors that it promises.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Can I substitute fresh tomatoes with canned ones?
Yes, canned tomatoes can be used as an alternative. Just be sure to choose high-quality canned tomatoes without additional seasonings or preservatives.
- Is Sev Tamatar ki Sabji a spicy dish?
The spiciness can be tailored to your liking. Adjust the red chili powder and green chilies to match your personal taste.
- Can I prepare Sev at home for this recipe?
Absolutely, you can make sev at home using a mixture of gram flour, spices, and water. Use a sev press or a piping bag with a sev attachment to create thin noodles, then deep-fry them until crispy.
- Can I store leftover Sev Tamatar ki Sabji?
Yes, you can store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Keep in mind that the sev noodles may lose their crispiness upon reheating.
- Can I make Sev Tamatar ki Sabji without onions and garlic?
Certainly, you can omit onions and garlic while still enjoying a flavorful curry. Adjust the other spices and seasonings to maintain a well-balanced taste.
|Dimensions||18 × 14 × 7 cm|
|Net Quantity|| |
250g, 500g, 1 Kg