Lal Masoor Dal | Red Malka Masoor Namkeen Dal
₹125.00 – ₹449.00
- Fried Masoor Dal topped with traditional Rajasthani spices, salt and hing.
- Made with Royal Rajasthani recipes.
- Made from the finest quality Masoor Dal.
- Handcrafted for great taste and traditional touch.
- Free from harmful Palmolein Oil or Palm Oil.
Please fill in the fields below with the shipping destination details in order to calculate the shipping cost.
Masoor Dal, Oil, Chilli Powder, Salt, Asafoetida, Garam Masala, Jal Jeera
Introducing Masala Lal Masoor Dal – the delicious and crunchy lentil snack! Enjoy this traditional Jodhpuri snack which is a delicacy in the city of Jodhpur. Hand-crafted with the perfect blend of masala spices and Lal Masoor dal, it is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Enjoy its crunchy texture in the morning with your hot cup of chai or as a tea-time snack. Not only is it vegan, gluten-free and suitable for a Jain diet, but it is also served at weddings in Jodhpur, making it a part of the culture. Get a taste of Jodhpur with Crispy Masala Lal Masoor Dal!
Table 1: Outline of the Article
|What is Malka Masoor Dal Namkeen?|
|Ingredients for Fried Malka Masoor Dal|
|Preparation of Fried Malka Masoor Dal|
|Tips for Making Delicious Fried Malka Masoor Dal|
|Health Benefits of Malka Masoor Dal Namkeen|
|Nutritional Value of Fried Malka Masoor Dal|
|Variations of Malka Masoor Dal Namkeen|
|Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)|
Table 2: Article
Malka Masoor Dal Namkeen is a popular Indian snack made from fried masoor dal. It is a crispy and flavorful snack that is enjoyed by people of all ages. In this article, we will explore the deliciousness of fried malka masoor dal, its ingredients, preparation method, health benefits, nutritional value, serving suggestions, variations, and answer some commonly asked questions about this delectable snack.
What is Malka Masoor Dal Namkeen?
Malka Masoor Dal Namkeen is a savory snack made by deep-frying masoor dal, also known as red lentils. The dal is seasoned with a blend of spices, herbs, and other flavorings to create a crunchy and addictive snack. It is a popular street food in India and is often enjoyed with a cup of tea or as an accompaniment to meals.
Ingredients for Fried Malka Masoor Dal
To prepare fried malka masoor dal namkeen, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 cup masoor dal (red lentils)
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- Salt to taste
Preparation of Fried Malka Masoor Dal
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to make delicious fried malka masoor dal namkeen:
- Wash the masoor dal thoroughly and soak it in water for about 2 hours.
- Drain the soaked dal and spread it on a clean kitchen towel to remove excess moisture.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or kadhai for frying. Make sure the oil is hot but not smoking.
- Add the drained masoor dal to the hot oil and fry it in small batches.
- Fry the dal on medium heat until it turns golden brown and crispy. Stir occasionally to ensure even frying.
- Once fried, remove the dal using a slotted spoon and drain it on a kitchen paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Repeat the frying process with the remaining batches of dal.
- In a separate bowl, mix together red chili powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, chaat masala, and salt.
- Sprinkle the spice mixture over the fried dal and toss gently to coat the dal evenly.
- Allow the fried malka masoor dal namkeen to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.
Tips for Making Delicious Fried Malka Masoor Dal
- Soaking the dal helps in reducing the frying time and ensures a crisp texture.
- Make sure the oil is adequately heated before adding the dal to avoid the dal from becoming soggy.
- Fry the dal in small batches to maintain an even frying and prevent overcrowding in the pan.
- Season the fried dal immediately after removing it from the oil to ensure proper flavor infusion.
Health Benefits of Malka Masoor Dal Namkeen
Malka masoor dal is not only delicious but also offers several health benefits. Some of them include:
- Rich in Protein: Masoor dal is a good source of plant-based protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair.
- High in Fiber: It is high in dietary fiber, which aids digestion, promotes satiety, and helps maintain a healthy weight.
- Nutrient-rich: Masoor dal contains various essential nutrients like iron, folate, potassium, and vitamin B6.
- Low in Fat: Fried malka masoor dal namkeen can be enjoyed in moderation as it is relatively low in fat compared to other fried snacks.
Nutritional Value of Fried Malka Masoor Dal
The nutritional value of fried malka masoor dal namkeen may vary depending on the serving size, ingredients used, and cooking method. Here is an approximate nutritional composition per 100 grams of fried masoor dal namkeen:
- Calories: 350-400 kcal
- Protein: 18-20 grams
- Carbohydrates: 50-55 grams
- Fat: 6-8 grams
- Fiber: 5-7 grams
Fried malka masoor dal namkeen can be enjoyed on its own as a crispy snack. It also pairs well with various beverages like tea, coffee, or soft drinks. Here are some serving suggestions:
- Serve it as an appetizer at parties or get-togethers.
- Add it as a topping to salads or chaats for an extra crunch.
- Include it in snack boxes for school or office.
Variations of Malka Masoor Dal Namkeen
While the basic recipe for fried malka masoor dal namkeen remains the same, you can add your own twist to enhance its flavors. Here are a few variations you can try:
- Spicy Masala Dal Namkeen: Add additional spices like black pepper, garam masala, or amchur powder to make it more spicy and tangy.
- Minty Masoor Dal Namkeen: Toss the fried dal with dried mint powder and chaat masala for a refreshing twist.
- Sweet and Spicy Dal Namkeen: Mix in some jaggery or brown sugar along with red chili powder for a unique sweet and spicy flavor combination.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Is malka masoor dal namkeen gluten-free?
- Yes, malka masoor dal namkeen is naturally gluten-free as it is made from lentils.
- Can I store fried masoor dal namkeen for a long time?
- Yes, if stored in an airtight container, fried masoor dal namkeen can stay fresh for up to a month.
- Can I use green lentils instead of red lentils for this recipe?
- While the recipe specifically calls for red lentils (masoor dal), you can experiment with green lentils, but the texture and taste may vary.
- Can I reduce the oil used for frying?
- Frying the dal requires an adequate amount of oil to achieve the desired texture and crispiness. However, you can drain the excess oil on a kitchen paper towel after frying.
- Is malka masoor dal namkeen a healthy snack option?
- When consumed in moderation, malka masoor dal namkeen can be a healthier alternative to other fried snacks due to its protein and fiber content.
Malka Masoor Dal Namkeen is a delectable snack that combines the goodness of masoor dal with an irresistible crunch. With its simple preparation and versatile flavors, it is a favorite among snack enthusiasts. Enjoy this savory treat in moderation and explore the various variations to add your own twist. So, next time you crave a crispy and flavorful snack, reach out for a bowl of fried malka masoor dal namkeen.
Q1. Where can I get malka masoor dal namkeen? A1. Malka masoor dal namkeen can be found in most Indian grocery stores or you can also make it at home using the recipe provided.
Q2. Is malka masoor dal namkeen suitable for vegetarians? A2. Yes, malka masoor dal namkeen is a vegetarian snack made from lentils.
Q3. Can I add more spices to make it spicier? A3. Yes, you can adjust the spice level according to your taste preferences by adding more red chili powder or other spices.
Q4. Is malka masoor dal namkeen suitable for people with diabetes? A4. While masoor dal is considered a good option for diabetics due to its low glycemic index, the fried namkeen should be consumed in moderation.
Q5. Can I make malka masoor dal namkeen without deep frying? A5. Deep-frying gives the namkeen its characteristic crunch. However, you can try baking the soaked dal in the oven at a high temperature for a healthier alternative.
|Dimensions||18 × 14 × 7 cm|
|Net Quantity|| |
250g, 500g, 1 Kg