Masoor Dal Namkeen | Fried Kala Masoor | Black Masoor Dal (Extra Spicy)
₹125.00 – ₹449.00
- Fried Black Masoor Dal topped with traditional Rajasthani spices, salt and hing.
- Made with Royal Rajasthani recipes.
- Made from the finest quality Masoor Dal.
- Handcrafted for great taste and traditional touch.
- Free from harmful Palmolein Oil or Palm Oil.
Please fill in the fields below with the shipping destination details in order to calculate the shipping cost.
Masoor Dal, Oil, Chilli Powder, Salt, Asafoetida, Garam Masala, Jal Jeera
Introducing Masala Black Masoor Dal – the delicious and crunchy lentil snack! Enjoy this traditional Jodhpuri snack which is a delicacy in the city of Jodhpur. Hand-crafted with the perfect blend of masala spices and black masoor dal, it is sure to tantalize your taste buds. Enjoy its crunchy texture in the morning with your hot cup of chai or as a tea-time snack. Not only is it vegan, gluten-free and suitable for a Jain diet, it is also served at weddings in Jodhpur, making it a part of the culture. Get a taste of Jodhpur with Crispy Masala Lal Masoor Dal!
Table 1: Outline of the Article
|What is Masoor Namkeen?|
|Benefits of Masoor Namkeen|
|Recipe for Fried Masoor Dal|
|Variations of Masoor Namkeen|
|Nutritional Value of Masoor Namkeen|
|How to Store Masoor Namkeen?|
|Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)|
Masoor namkeen, also known as fried masoor dal, is a popular and delicious snack in many parts of the world. This savory treat is made from split red lentils (masoor dal), which are deep-fried until crispy and seasoned with various spices. Masoor namkeen is not only a tasty snack but also a nutritious option packed with protein, fiber, and essential nutrients.
What is Masoor Namkeen?
Masoor namkeen is a crunchy snack made from split red lentils (masoor dal). The lentils are soaked, drained, and then deep-fried until golden and crispy. After frying, the lentils are seasoned with a blend of spices to enhance their flavor. Masoor namkeen is commonly enjoyed as a standalone snack or can be added to chaats, salads, or trail mixes for an extra crunch.
Benefits of Masoor Namkeen
- Rich in protein: Masoor dal is a good source of plant-based protein, making masoor namkeen a nutritious snack for vegetarians and vegans.
- High in fiber: The lentils used in masoor namkeen contain a significant amount of dietary fiber, promoting better digestion and aiding in weight management.
- Packed with nutrients: Masoor namkeen is a good source of vitamins and minerals, including iron, potassium, and folate, which are essential for overall health.
- Low in fat: Despite being fried, masoor namkeen can be prepared with minimal oil, making it a healthier alternative to other deep-fried snacks.
Recipe for Fried Masoor Dal
To make fried masoor dal at home, follow these steps:
- 1 cup split red lentils (masoor dal)
- Oil for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Red chili powder to taste
- Chaat masala for sprinkling (optional)
- Wash the split red lentils (masoor dal) thoroughly and soak them in water for about 2 hours.
- Drain the lentils and spread them on a clean kitchen towel to remove excess moisture.
- Heat oil in a deep pan or kadhai over medium heat.
- Carefully add the drained lentils to the hot oil and fry them until they turn golden and crispy.
- Remove the fried lentils from the oil using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel to absorb any excess oil.
- Sprinkle salt, red chili powder, and chaat masala (optional) over the fried lentils while they are still warm.
- Toss the namkeen gently to ensure the spices are evenly coated.
- Allow the namkeen to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container.
Variations of Masoor Namkeen
- Spicy Masoor Namkeen: Add additional red chili powder, black pepper, or cayenne pepper for a spicier flavor.
- Masala Masoor Namkeen: Mix in a blend of aromatic spices such as cumin powder, coriander powder, and amchur (dry mango) powder to create a flavorful masala masoor namkeen.
- Chatpata Masoor Namkeen: Squeeze some lemon juice over the fried lentils and sprinkle with chaat masala to give it a tangy and chatpata twist.
- Masoor Namkeen with Nuts: Add roasted peanuts, cashews, or almonds to the fried lentils for an added crunch and a nutty flavor.
Nutritional Value of Masoor Namkeen
Masoor namkeen provides a range of essential nutrients per serving, including protein, dietary fiber, iron, potassium, and folate.
How to Store Masoor Namkeen?
To maintain the freshness and crunchiness of masoor namkeen, follow these storage guidelines:
- Allow the fried lentils to cool completely before storing them.
- Transfer the namkeen to an airtight container to protect it from moisture and air.
- Store the container in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight.
- When stored properly, masoor namkeen can stay fresh for up to X weeks.
Masoor namkeen can be enjoyed in various ways. Here are a few serving suggestions:
- Snack: Serve masoor namkeen as a standalone snack to satisfy your savory cravings.
- Chaat: Sprinkle masoor namkeen on top of chaat dishes like bhel puri, sev puri, or papdi chaat for an added crunch.
- Salad: Toss a handful of masoor namkeen into salads to provide texture and a burst of flavor.
- Trail Mix: Combine masoor namkeen with nuts, dried fruits, and other snacks to create a delicious and nutritious trail mix for on-the-go snacking.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1: Can I use other lentils instead of masoor dal to make namkeen?
A1: While masoor dal is commonly used to make namkeen, you can experiment with other lentils such as chana dal or moong dal to create different variations of crispy snacks.
Q2: Is masoor namkeen suitable for people with gluten intolerance?
A2: Yes, masoor namkeen is gluten-free and can be enjoyed by individuals with gluten intolerance or celiac disease.
Q3: Can I make masoor namkeen without deep frying?
A3: Although deep frying is the traditional method of preparing masoor namkeen, you can also try baking the lentils in the oven for a healthier alternative. However, the texture and taste may differ slightly.
Q4: How long does homemade masoor namkeen stay fresh?
A4: When stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, homemade masoor namkeen can stay fresh for up to X weeks.
Q5: Is masoor namkeen suitable for weight loss?
A5: Masoor namkeen can be included in a balanced diet for weight loss as it is low in fat, high in protein, and a good source of dietary fiber. However, portion control is important as it is still a snack and should be consumed in moderation.
Masoor namkeen, or fried masoor dal, is a delightful snack that combines crispiness with flavorsome spices. This article explored the process of making masoor namkeen, its nutritional benefits, variations, storage tips, and serving suggestions. Whether you enjoy it as a standalone snack or incorporate it into your favorite dishes, masoor namkeen is a versatile and delicious treat to satisfy your cravings.
|Dimensions||18 × 14 × 7 cm|
250g, 500g, 1 Kg